Sperm Donation Australia and Sperm Donation USA Donor Contract
Sperm donor contracts are used in various countries or particular states around the world, some places they're valid most others they're just a piece of paper that ain't legally binding. However, some people feel safer doing them. Like a game of Chinese whisper, people will tell you that they demonstrate intent, despite no court cases backing this up. Electronic evidence such as your messenger or email conversations will also be treated as just as valid evidence, so you must ensure your conversations go along the lines similar to your contract otherwise everything becomes disputable, if you decide to run one. One really hand hint is to take a photo of every donation some people even label the jar with time and date. The photo is saved and date stamped this is vital evidence that the child was conceived via Artificial insemination, this evidence alone is more valid proof than a contract. Another
party can't send summon you to court via a Facebook instant message or
via an email in Australia, you must serve them in person, or send to
place of residence. This is why some people like to do the donations on
mutual venue eg. a hotel.
Listed below is a known donor agreement, you can copy and paste and print this off, please ensure that each page is initialed by each party.
KNOWN DONOR AGREEMENT (Three-Party Contract)
1) This is the full agreement between the DONOR, the RECIPIENT, and the RECIPIENT's PARTNER. There are no promises, understandings, agreements or representations between the parties other than those expressly stated in this agreement.
2) The DONOR and RECIPIENT have no sexual, personal or business relationship. The sole purpose of the interaction between DONOR and RECIPIENT is for the DONOR to provide assistance to the RECIPIENT, to enable the RECIPIENT to fulfill a desire to carry and raise a child.
3) The DONOR has produced and/or will produce semen samples, and intends to transfer ownership and control of these samples to the RECIPIENT. After the RECIPIENT takes possession, the DONOR has no say whatsoever regarding how the samples are used. If the samples are used in a manner that results in pregnancy, the DONOR has no parental rights or responsibilities in relation to resulting children. At the time of conception, the RECIPIENT would have sole possession and control of both egg and sperm, and the conception would have resulted from the sole decisions and actions of the RECIPIENT. The DONOR is aware of this intended use, and has no objection, but will have no rights at the time of conception regarding the semen.
4) The DONOR agrees to provide his semen to the RECIPIENT, for the purpose of known DONOR artificial insemination (AI). The RECIPIENT intends to use said semen to conceive a child. This process may be repeated for multiple artificial insemination attempts. The intention of all parties is for this to be legally equivalent to a standard anonymous donation for artificial insemination, notwithstanding the fact that the RECIPIENT and DONOR are aware of each other's identities.
5) All parties acknowledge and agree that, through the procedure of artificial insemination, it is the RECIPIENT's intent to become pregnant, and thereafter have sole responsibility (or joint responsibility together with RECIPIENT's PARTNER) for the raising of the child. The intention of the parties is that, if conception occurs from such artificial insemination, the DONOR shall not be a legal parent of the resulting child, and shall not have a role in the raising of the child.
6) All parties acknowledge and agree that the DONOR provides his semen for the purpose of said artificial insemination, and does so with the clear understanding that he will not demand, request, or compel any guardianship, custody, or visitation rights with any child born from the artificial insemination procedure. Further, DONOR acknowledges that he fully understands that he will have no paternal rights whatsoever with said child, and will have no authority of any kind with respect to the child, or any decisions regarding the child.
7) All parties acknowledge and agree that the RECIPIENT, and RECIPIENT's PARTNER, have relinquished any and all rights that she/he might otherwise have to hold DONOR legally, financially, or emotionally responsible for any child that results from the artificial insemination procedure. The RECIPIENT, and RECIPIENT's PARTNER, further agree that she/he will not demand, request, or compel the DONOR to provide any financial support.
8) All parties relinquish and release any and all rights he or she may have to bring a suit to establish paternity.
9) The DONOR agrees to never start or support any action to claim paternity in relation to any child born to the RECIPIENT, or conceived from semen transferred to the RECIPIENT. Similarly, the RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT's PARTNER agree to never start or support any action to recognize DONOR's paternity or obtain child support in relation to any such child, and also agree to not list the DONOR as the father on any birth certificate, legal record or document, or otherwise make any declaration indicating paternity.
10) For any child conceived from the genetic contribution of the RECIPIENT and the DONOR, parental rights and responsibilities fall solely to RECIPIENT. This does not preclude the sharing of parental rights and responsibilities with PARTNERs or family members of the RECIPIENT in accordance with standard law -- but under no circumstances shall such rights or responsibilities be extended to the DONOR or his relatives.
11) The RECIPIENT acknowledges that she is the solely responsible parent of the child from said known DONOR insemination. This parental responsibility may be legally shared by anyone of the RECIPIENT's choice (excepting the DONOR). If the child is legally adopted by a PARTNER of the RECIPIENT's choice, the DONOR need not be consulted, nor is his approval required for such an adoption.
12) The DONOR agrees to assist the RECIPIENT and/or RECIPIENT's PARTNER in any court proceeding to facilitate the adoption of the child or children. This may include, but is not limited to, signing a court petition to allow an adoption to proceed and/or signing a sworn affidavit regarding the process by which the child was conceived. RECIPIENT agrees that all costs associated with such a court proceeding will be paid by her and/or her PARTNER.
13) The RECIPIENT's PARTNER intends to act as a second parent for the child, and is fully involved in the RECIPIENT's decision to bear and raise a child. If it is ever found that the child has an interest in having a second legal parent, then the second parent shall be the RECIPIENT's PARTNER. The reality is that the child will have two parents, RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT's PARTNER, who have jointly chosen to raise a child, taken steps to make this possible, and accept all associated rights and responsibilities as parents.
14) All parties acknowledge and agree that the RECIPIENT shall have absolute authority and power to appoint a guardian for her child, and that the mother and guardian may act with sole discretion as to all legal, financial, medical and emotional needs of said child without any involvement with or demands of authority from the DONOR. However, this shall not be construed to permit the RECIPIENT to appoint the DONOR as a guardian, or to permit an appointed guardian to undertake any action regarding paternity that the RECIPIENT could not take herself.
15) The responsibilities of the RECIPIENT under this contract, including but not limited to the prohibition against starting or supporting any action to recognize the paternity of the DONOR, shall be binding upon any guardian or representative of the child.
16) If pregnancy results from usage of semen produced by the DONOR, he will not have, or attempt to establish, a parental relationship with the resulting child. Further, he will not attempt to contact, or communicate with, the child without the express permission of the RECIPIENT.
17) In the event that future contact does occur between DONOR and child, the extent and content of such interaction may be limited by the RECIPIENT in any manner, and the DONOR agrees to abide by any such restrictions. Any such interaction will not indicate consent by either DONOR or RECIPIENT to the DONOR having any legal or social rights or responsibilities regarding the child.
18) The DONOR will ensure that he can be located by the RECIPIENT to answer questions related to his family medical history, and to answer questions related to the curiosity of the child about his/her genetic background. This does not constitute a recognition of paternity or any responsibility, but is a statement of intent arising from a willingness to provide access to knowledge about the child's genetic heritage and genetic relatives. This offer is not due to a parent/child relationship, and is similar to what would be offered to a sibling, niece, nephew or other similar genetic relative.
19) The DONOR agrees to be available for social contact with the child, at the discretion of the RECIPIENT. The DONOR expressly welcomes and encourages such contact, if it is compatible with the RECIPIENT's choices regarding the raising of the child (e.g. the RECIPIENT chooses to disclose the DONOR's identity to the child, and supports contact). However, this clause shall not be interpreted to require that the DONOR travel in the event that the DONOR and child are not geographically proximate, or to ensure a frequency of interaction that could interfere with the ordinary conduct of the DONOR's life, or to imply a scope of interaction that could be interpreted as co-parenting.
20) The RECIPIENT agrees to notify the DONOR upon the birth of a child conceived from DONOR's sperm. The DONOR has no other expectations regarding future contact, and is comfortable with having no further interaction. The DONOR requests that the RECIPIENT provide an occasional photograph or other news of the child (such as a birthday photo), if the RECIPIENT is comfortable with providing such material, but the RECIPIENT is under no obligation whatsoever to do so.
21) The DONOR gives the RECIPIENT, and the RECIPIENT's PARTNER, explicit permission to provide the child with any information regarding the DONOR, including the DONOR's identity and contact information.
22) All parties acknowledge and agree that the relinquishment of all rights, as stated herein, is final and irrevocable. The DONOR understands that his waivers shall prohibit any action on his part for custody, guardianship, or visitation in any future situation, including the event of RECIPIENT's disability or death. The RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT's PARTNER understands that her/his waivers shall prohibit any action, or support for action, on her part for financial support or inheritance rights for the child in any future situation, including the event of the DONOR's death.
23) In the event of the death of any party, the responsibilities of that party, as defined in this contract, shall remain binding upon his or her heirs and estate.
24) The DONOR asserts, and the RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT's PARTNER each understand, that he would not consent to the provision of semen without a full assurance and belief that he will not be subject to future responsibility, including any financial support.
25) In the event that the DONOR is ever found by a court to have a financial responsibility for the child, the RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT's PARTNER, singly and jointly, agree to compensate the DONOR in the amount that the DONOR is legally compelled to provide for the child.
26) The RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT's PARTNER, singly and jointly, agree to indemnify and hold harmless the DONOR from personal financial loss or expense, including reasonable legal fees and costs, if any, arising out of any claim, demand, suit, judgment, dispute, contest or challenge by reason of any act or omission arising from the DONOR's role as a sperm DONOR for the RECIPIENT.
27) In the event of any legal claim, demand, suit, judgment, dispute, contest or challenge regarding the DONOR's legal responsibilities for a child conceived by the RECIPIENT, or seeking to establish legal paternity by the DONOR for such a child, or relating to the validity, applicability or enforceability of this contract or any portion thereof, the RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT's PARTNER, singly and jointly, agree to compensate the DONOR for reasonable legal fees, costs and expenses related to the defense of this contract or the defense of the position that the DONOR should not have legal paternity or legal or financial responsibilities for the child. This is applicable regardless of where the dispute or contest originates, and includes challenges by the state, child, RECIPIENT, RECIPIENT's PARTNER or relatives, or other third parties.
28) All references to "child" herein shall be understood to apply to any children resulting from AI and the genetic contributions of the DONOR and RECIPIENT, and may be plural.
29) Each party acknowledges and agrees that she or he signed this agreement and contract voluntarily and freely, of his or her own choice, without any duress of any kind whatsoever. It is further acknowledged that each party understands the meaning and significance of each provision of this contract. Each party is aware of their right to obtain independent legal counsel, and acknowledges having an opportunity to exercise this right prior to signing this contract.
30) Each party acknowledges and agrees that any changes made in the terms and conditions of this agreement shall be made in writing, and signed by both parties.
31) In the event of legal action or arbitration, the parties to this agreement request that the deciding agency uphold and enforce the basic intent of this contract: the RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT's PARTNER shall be the sole parents of children conceived by the RECIPIENT via AI with the DONOR's sperm, and the DONOR shall have no formal, legal or otherwise enforceable rights, responsibilities or recognition as a parent. No contrary finding or interpretation may be made within the context of this contract.
32) If any section or clause in this contract is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the contract shall remain in effect. Each clause of this contract is separate and divisible from the others, and should a court refuse to enforce one or more clauses of this contract, the others are still valid and in full force.
33) For the purposes of any future notification the DONOR will maintain the following email:
DONOR Name: Signature………………
RECIPIENT Name: Signature……………
Address : Date:
RECIPIENT PARTNER Name: Signature…..………………
Address : Date:
Witness (to recipient and partner)
Address : Date:
Sperm Donation Australia is Australia's go-to place to find a suitable donor. All donors are screened and coached by the admin team so they know what to expect and how to go about the process. All recipients can ask questions to bring them up to speed with the process so that they feel comfortable and know how to safely navigate in a secure environment. The group is closed so friends and family won't be able to see what you post and most importantly doesn't appear on your facebook account for public display in any way, because having a baby is a private matter for most people so this group keeps all details discreet from prying eyes. There is no other group or webpage like this in the world we have the highest of standards.
Vitamins, supplements and smoothie ingredients are essentially to help with the goal of falling pregnant. Iherb.com
is the largest online warehouse, therefore can provide quick dispatch
times, and be more affordable than purchasing from your local health
store. We have compiled our on list of fertility products that will help
assist as referred to our members by their own health specialists, we
give you all that information for free, compared to what would normally
cost hundreds for a consultation. Click here to read more and see products that may suit your situation.
My Heritage is Sperm Donation Australia's main affiliate for DNA/Ancestral tracking, by having everyone within the group using the one company, you're able to see if your child is linked to other half-siblings. Also, you're able to see your own and if you have a partner their genetic origins which may help you in what donor you're looking for, donors can also have their DNA done to see if they match the backgrounds you're looking for. Many people worry about incest so by signing up with MyHeritage you're eliminating that from happening. You can read more from our blog by clicking here.
Snowballs underwear is the perfect gift for your donor. Not only is it a good gesture that demonstrates your commitment towards having a baby it will also help achieve a quicker success rate. By cooling the scrotal area it allows the testicles to mass produce rapidly increasing sperm count, motility and morphology to find out more read our blog by clicking here.
Amazon Australia provides a few products that we recommend that are helpful with pregnancy you will find within the link some useful products that have been proven to work within the Sperm Donation Australia community.
Carebox: Monthly Subscription Artificial home insemination kit. No more having to go into the shops or chemist each cycle and awkwardly having to buy the accessories you require to fall pregnant. Have them delivered to your doorstep at half the price in a discreet matter. You can cancel anytime without any penalty.
Carebox: Single Purchase Basic and Deluxe kits For those in the planning stage that haven't yet gone looking or found a donor, tracking your ovulation and getting timing right is essential the more you can learn about your bodies cycle in the months prior will put you in good stead come time when you're eventually ready. The step by step instruction guide designed specifically for Ai will beat anything you can find on google which is mostly related to Natural Insemination processes.
Posted September 3rd at 3:49am